Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Mistimorne Plants

In the past 2 weeks I've spent about 8 hours in my gardens. It is a place where I can decompress.

We live our own lives, but there is very little we do only for ourselves. We work for others, and even CEO's and the President work for their stakeholders. We go to school to gain a sense of knowledge that satisfies other's expectations. Even at home, we respect the preferences of roommates or family members, and the demands of kitty cats.

The garden is my place to do whatever the hell I want. For me. Just for the beauty of it. I serve me and what I want for that garden.

Anyway, I finally got the whole damn (front) garden weeded and pruned. Last year I grew some beans, but they were no good so I'm going all flowers in the front. I bought native wildflowers from the arboretum's native tree and plant sale, and the rest of my lovelies will be from Mistimorne Plants in Dayton.


Mistimorne was opened as Mary's Plants in the 1970's and the business was later taken on by Mary's brother Willard. Mistimorne stocks perennials, roses, shade lovers, vegetables, and giant hanging baskets that will blow your mind. They are proud to use only minimal growth regulators in their plants, and Willard and his staff are extremely knowledgeable about what to plant when, where, and with what.



This year I am really into the coleus. It is a low-maintenance plant that can do full-sun or mostly shade. The colors are so vibrant.



These elephant ears also caught my eye as a unique way to bring new color and texture into my backyard.


I am a domestic diva through and through and I can't wait to stare at some of these beauties during happy hour this summer with miss margarita. Viva la small things.


No comments:

Post a Comment