Monday, April 15, 2013

Drag Queens make the best role models.

This past weekend, I had the pleasure (indeed, the great pleasure) of seeing the contest for the next Miss Rhinestone Pride. 

I saw nipple tassels, pasties, real boobs, fake boobs, bush, fake eyelashes, and enough padding to insulate the world from the heat death of the sun. 

I also saw my good friend Rachel. She's wonderful.

I also went out with a bunch of work friends and we closed that sorry Applebees down. 
It was so great. We were there laughing and drinking for almost 4 hours.

This fantastic weekend reminded me that no one knows why we are on this earth. Way too much time is spent trying to keep up with the Joneses (and as this month's Real Simple puts it: the Zeta-Joneses), and way not enough time is spent seeing people you love and laughing until you cry. 

The drag queens told me to love me for me and not the me that would look really chic in that $200 dollar dress, or some me that could get a thousand followers on my bloggy.
Me.
I'm already great.

And my work friends let me know that they're friend friends too, and that memories aren't made of nights I got plenty of sleep. I'm tired of thinking that I'm going to start living once I get out of Harrisonburg. I love this place, and the life is out there, but you gotta go get the good times.
I can't keep waiting. 

So mark my words, Coachella 2014 or bust.
(and lots of other fun stuff too)

No comments:

Post a Comment