Sunday, March 3, 2013

music to jump start spring


...and get you through that spring cleaning.

I heart Spotify and the new releases I've been hearing lately are really pleasing me. These are long time favorites in the making, and I hope you great lovers of small things start to really love these small wonders.

I am already a big fan of Kate Nash. We Get On, Nicest Things, and Merry Happy are great tunes, and this tune is peppy but not empty like some catchy tunes out on the airwaves. I know you'll love this one through Summer.

I Love It is an all around fun tune. Perfect for getting in the mood to go out, kick ass at work, or do the dishes. You can expect this to be on the radio and on the lips of biddies in a couple weeks, but you have the satisfaction of knowing you rocked it first.

Macklemore isn't exactly best-kept secret status anymore, but this song is wonderful regardless. So easy to love, and he's a fantastic writer. Same Love is a beautiful song out-shined by its message.
I can't get this song out of my head. I first heard it on the movie "Drive" with Ryan Gosling. It's an awesome flick (not for those expecting Noah Calhoun) with some thoughtfully artistic cinematography and screenwriting. This song is the haunting and hypnotizing theme for the movie, and I've been in love for months.

I had a tough time picking just one song from this album to recommend. Right this second,  Running For Cover is on repeat, but please take the time to check out this whole album. Feel good song with a nice new voice to turn the page on winter. This album is for fans of Mumford and the Decemberists. 

Lastly, I found "Long Time Gone" by the Civil Wars just this week (because I'm constantly listening to them)! It is from the soundtrack for "A Place at the Table," a documentary about the hunger epidemic in America. This film has the  Huffington Post talking among others, so it should be worth checking out. This song is the kind of country song EVERYONE loves. Really, if nothing else tickles your fancy, I know this will.

Bon Appetit!

2 comments:

  1. Same Love brings me to tears...so so so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Selene,

      I know! I cried too! Glad you liked it :)

      Delete